We are looking for an enthusiastic and sales driven person with a deep interest in fashion and the digital landscape based in NYC. You will be responsible for setting the long and short-term strategy that supports the company’s online growth plans and help delivering a superior customer experience. We are seeking an individual who can help define the technological roadmap for the company while balancing the marketing and business objectives of the brand. You will be responsible for reaching the Sales and Profit goals and a central function working closely with all other departments within the company and as part of our Global team.
- Owning the digital marketing and ecommerce P&L.
- Overseeing performance marketing channels: Paid Search, Affiliates, Display, Email, and Google PLAs.
- Collaborating with creative team on site redesigns, optimizations, and A/B testing.
- Scheduling and planning photo studio and seasonal ecommerce shoots.
- Responsible for giving input on assortment and online product flow in cooperation with store sales and buying department.
- Working on Fraud protection.
- Creation of yearly marketing calendar for US, Japan and Australia regions.
- Manage and drive the digital activity planning in-line with the seamless sales strategy.
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly analysis of ecommerce business.
- Working with creative to plan content for Saturdays Magazine online - a SEO optimized, shoppable content marketing section of the site.
- Strategic planning and management of all site development.
- Maintaining and releasing new creative and products to Japanese market ecommerce site.
- Managing one direct report, ecommerce warehouse team, and partner agencies.
- Complete re-platforming in Q2 2019 to BigCommerce.
- Drive the technical development of the e-Commerce operations and define future need.
- Working with merchandising on roll-outs of seasonal deliveries.
- Set priorities and find new business opportunities based on data driven analysis’ customer behavior, and sales analysis.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong commercial awareness – balance between commerciality and inspiration.
- Highly knowledgeable in digital and tech development.
- Analytical and business driven.
- Ability to communicate clearly and hold strategic level meetings.
- Ability to effectively manage an outsourced agency.
- Strong knowledge of how affiliate and paid marketing channels fit together.
- Proven ability to scale paid traffic while maintaining CPA targets.
- Technical understanding of e-commerce web platforms and analytics.
- Ability to secure and retain top talent through focused training, development and strong succession planning.
- Able to work independently and be self-motivated while still working within a team environment and fostering a strong team collaboration.
- Skilled in strategy and planning, budget and P/L management, merchandising, and marketing.
- Very strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong leadership skills to work with senior management and in a team to create business results.
- Proven ability to achieve results working both strategically and operationally.
- Be flexible to travel frequently international and domestic.
- Available to lead the team during crucial sales periods, including national holidays if needed.
- Experience running A/B, multivariate tests.
- Proven expertise finding and implementing new opportunities in search, social, retargeting, and email.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing business needs, dealing with ambiguity.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects with adherence to deadlines and budgets.
- Must be able to work both as a team member and independently.
- Must be flexible to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Strong project management/time management skills.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject title "E-Commerce Director".
Reporting to the owners, the Design Director will collaborate and partner with the Department heads to create a line that is on trend, sellable and has the SATURDAYS brand integrity.
As the Design Director, you will lead the creative and design process from concept all the way through to finished production ready samples. You will set the creative direction for the category on global and seasonal basis and be responsible for driving the brand’s point of view through evolved design. Your creative leadership will inspire storytelling that is emotionally, culturally and technically rich to our consumers. You will develop an understanding of our culture through immersion in our products, in consumer retail habits and in market trends; and you will translate what you learn into concepts that lead to the creation of compelling product. Through your storytelling, you will present visual concept solutions to product briefs; collaborate with our Development and Product Management teams and ultimately deliver on category and brand strategies. You will manage and coach a team for design performance excellence; work collaboratively between cross-functional teams; and clearly articulate design intent that aligns with business intent. This position exists to lead a team of designers to create market ready product within margin that meets the consumer fit and function needs for the target consumer. Our brand is built on working together and we are excited with your help taking us into the future.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing a team of designers.
- Drives & oversees all design conception work for the category. Drives the design visual language and consistency.
- Owns the design process from initial sketch to production. Driving the entire creative process from conception to execution for production. These designs must be produced with a deep knowledge of product components, costing, target margins, and required FOB’s.
- Manages all in house and outside designers on established corporate time lines. Responsible for inspiring creativity and fostering new concepts that expand on brand defining products and technologies. Continually looks for opportunities to develop design team members.
- Responsible for the Design department’s execution of high quality design/ tech packages during design process. Responsible for the creation of visual tools used in presentations for in-line reviews, product line meetings, and pre-line meetings with buyers.
- Responsible for creating and communicating innovative technology and design language within managed design groups for all collections, categories, and series. Responsible to work closely with other Creative and Design leaders to cross pollinate ideas and maintain seasonal design direction.
- Responsible for executing seasonal color palettes for all managed groups. Researches industry and trade shows for new materials, colors, and design trends.
- Responsible for the Integration of Advanced Concepts and new technologies from inside and outside resources and works to ensure the successful execution of these proscribed inventions.
- Develops and tracks a design schedule to ensure timely completion of designs and design packages according to the development calendar.
- Partners with development to ensure commercial success of seasonal line offerings and innovative advanced products. Manage the trim development process to ensure we are developing a consistent brand message across categories. Partners with material sourcing to develop innovative fabrications. Partners with Production team to develop line direction from product conception through final execution. Required to understand market structure and distribution points for all assigned collections and categories.
- Ensures top quality of all category products while balancing commercial pricing and costing considerations.
- Provides leadership and entrepreneurial approach to working collaboratively and accomplishing new business development needs.
- Partners closely with factory partners to drive development process and pre-production approval.
- Accesses rolodex of suppliers to research and source new ideas, details and trends.
- Partners with the Merchandising / Production team to ensure costs of the materials, hardware, treatments and trims are within our initial FOB costing.
- 5+ years of related or similar experience in Menswear design in performance and lifestyle.
- Bachelor's Degree in Design or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in flat sketching expertise.
- High level of Proficiency in In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience in creation of design packages and execution of product designs.
- Experience in designing successful products.
- Experience in research and analysis and design cycles.
- Strong knowledge of formulating color palettes.
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to present concepts to product teams and review boards in a persuasive manner.
- Strong and experienced in leadership.
- Strong knowledge of product cycles.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Strong knowledge of aesthetic form and the ability to design for different consumers and end uses.
- Strong knowledge of textile and material construction and properties.
- Strong knowledge of product costs and impact of design.
- Extensive domestic and international travel as required (20%).
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject title "Design Director".
Senior Account Executive
Saturdays NYC is looking for a Senior Account Executive to join our growing wholesale department. This position will be focused on expanding Saturdays NYC wholesale distribution, performance, positioning, and sales on a global scale. As a Senior Account Executive at Saturdays NYC, you will be working alongside a dynamic and competent group of individuals. The position will be based at Saturdays NYC office in Soho New York City, but traveling will be a requirement of the position.
- Maintain key wholesale account relationships for Saturdays NYC
- Secure and build new business opportunities for global distribution of Saturdays NYC products/brand. Focused on on long-term, sustainable growth.
- Strategize on initiatives to increase and maximize sales, client sell through, and meet seasonal/annual budgets
- Analyze inventory levels and create weekly targets for re-orders
- Ability to project sales units for future and in-season business
- Seasonal store visits with key accounts to deliver product knowledge and sales driven events
- Reporting and analysis of collection performance, focused on maximizing future opportunities
- Represent Saturdays NYC brand image on a global scale
- Manage and maintain day-to-day operations and needs of Saturdays NYC global wholesale team
- Pro-actively develop long-term relationships with global wholesale partners
- Drive sell through and customer performance
- Traveling required
- 3– 5+ years of professional experience in fashion wholesale sales & distribution
- International experiance - Europe & Asia-Pacific
- Highly efficient with a can-do and hands-on attitude
- Organized and structured
- Motivated to drive sales and growth
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Additional language skills a merit, primarily Japanese
- Good computer literary
- Highly motivated, performance oriented, self-initiative and a team-player
- Passionate about fashion in general, sales, and Saturdays NYC brand & products
- Bachelor's Degree Required
Please send a résumé for consideration to: [email protected]
Junior Graphic Designer
Saturdays is looking for a talented and multi-disciplinary Junior Graphic Designer to join our team. The position would work full-time at our main office and report directly to our Creative Director & Art Director
- Assist in the design process for a variety of projects including but not limited to weekly emailers, website updates, catalogs and product packaging
- Create work that demonstrates a strong sense of typography, layout, and composition
- Ability to think creatively within our in-house creative voice
- Prepare files for print & web production
- Ability to transition between multiple projects while managing deadlines efficiently
- Ability to manage external vendors (agencies, printers, production, photographers)
- Have at least 1-3 years of post grad working experience
- Ability to work independently as well as in a larger group
- Should be a conceptual designer able to convey ideas and concepts through design
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Familiarity with print production and best web practices
- Knowledge in photography and ability to shoot and create content for social media is a plus
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate and excited about design
- Capable of working within a fast paced work environment
- Self Starter who is able to take initiative, be productive and efficient
- Strong attention to detail and consistency
How To Apply:
Please email your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to [email protected] with the subject title "Junior Graphic Designer" followed by your full name.
Saturdays NYC is looking for an attentive, detail-oriented Receptionist for our Headquarters in West Village.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Greet guests and book appointments for the conference room and showroom
- Order weekly office supplies
- Liaise with office vendors and maintenance contacts
- Organization and cleanliness of the office/showroom space
- Maintain mail flow
- Keep contact lists and log-in/password lists up to date
- Assist with events (Sample sales, launch parties, etc)
- Manage career/intern postings and emails; scheduling interviews
- Set up new hires with computer, basic office supplies, phone, etc.
- Scan and retain digital files of accounting documents
- Provide administrative support across all departments as needed
- Fluent in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in organization and scheduling
How to apply:
Please submit a cover letter, résumé and salary requirements for consideration to: [email protected]
This is an entry level position.
Retail Sales Representative
Saturdays is seeking full-time and part-time retail sales representatives for our SoHo and West Village locations.
- Identify ways to drive sales and ensure action is taken to achieve goals
- Enhance the customer service and create an environment that is welcoming to customers and coworkers
- Ensure store presentation and operating standards meet and exceed expectations
- Basic inventory management and maintenance.
- Strong experience in retail store work and sales is a must.
- Organized, devoted and hard worker
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written).
- Computer skills. Knowledge of Lightspeed a plus.
- Knowledge of surfing and surf related equipment a bonus.
How To Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject title "Retail Sales Representative".
Ecommerce Fulfillment Shipping Associate
Saturdays is looking for an Ecommerce Fulfillment Shipping Specialist for our Ridgewood warehouse.
- Picking and packing daily Ecommerce orders
- Processing returns
- Customer Service via email and phones
- Working with POS and UPS Worldship
- Performing inventory spot checks
- Support general warehouse team during peak receiving and wholesale shipping periods
- 1-2 years experience ecommerce required
- Extremely organized and proactive
- Experience with Microsoft Office
How To Apply:
Please email your résumé, salary requirements, and cover letter to [email protected]