Apparel Production Intern - Fall 2017
Intern will work directly with Production team to gain insight in all stages of the apparel production process from initial concept through delivery.
- Review and comment on samples during various stages of production cycle.
- Correspond with domestic and overseas partners on production development.
- Assist in sourcing textiles and vendors.
- Attend fit sessions to ensure proper measurements are met and sample corrections are made.
- Monitor testing procedures on fabric, yarn, trim and finished garments.
- Update Production Status Report to include current style detail information.
- Send out packages and check in protos, PPS and SMS collection.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office - Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be enrolled in College Degree program, and able to receive academic credit.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject title "Apparel Production Intern".
Fashion Design Intern - Fall 2017
Saturdays is seeking self-motivated fashion design interns for part-time and full-time roles for Fall 2017 at our corporate office. Interns will work directly with our Head of Design and Development on upcoming ready-to-wear collections. Students must be enrolled in college and able to receive credit to apply. Please note that this is an on-job experience program, not a mentorship.
- Working directly with design on various hands-on projects to prepare for upcoming ready-to-wear collection and/or SMU projects
- Expect a wide range of tasks from creating CADs to assembling TPs
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat)
- Knowledge of garment construction, and fundamental understanding of spec measurements is required
- Knowledge of fabric and understanding of basic applications not required but greatly preferred.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Must be able to receive academic credit
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject title "Fashion Design Intern".
Junior Graphic Designer
Saturdays is looking for a talented and multi-disciplinary junior graphic designer to join our team. The position would work full-time at our main office and report directly to our Creative Director & Senior Graphic Designer
- Assist in the design process for a variety of projects including but not limited to weekly emailers, website updates, catalogs and product packaging
- Create work that demonstrates a strong sense of typography, layout, and composition
- Ability to think creatively within our in-house creative voice
- Prepare files for print & web production
- Ability to transition between multiple projects while managing deadlines efficiently
- Ability to manage external vendors (agencies, printers, production, photographers)
- Have at least 1-3 years of post grad working experience
- Ability to work independently as well as in a larger group
- Should be a conceptual designer able to convey ideas and concepts through design
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Familiarity with print production and web best practices
- Knowledge in photography and ability to shoot and create content for social media is a plus
- Possess good verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate and excited about design
- Capable of working within a fast paced work environment
- Self Starter who is able to take initiative, be productive and efficient
- Strong attention to detail and consistency
How To Apply:
Please email your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to [email protected] with the subject title "Graphic Designer".
Freelance Retoucher / Photographer - Summer 2017
- Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist during studio shoots
- Editing and retouching photos for website
- Must be able to work on a project by project basis
- Proficient in Photoshop, Capture One
- Highly Experience in ecom photography and retouching
- Experience with studio photography and lighting
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong photography portfolio
- Previous studio experience is a must
How To Apply:
Please email your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to [email protected] with the subject title "Freelance Retoucher / Photographer".
Retail Sales Representative
Saturdays is seeking full-time and part-time retail sales representatives for our Soho and West Village locations.
- Identify ways to drive sales and ensure action is taken to achieve goals
- Enhance the customer service and creating an environment that is welcoming to customers and coworkers; be cooperative, well informed and quick.
- Ensure store presentation and operating standards meet and exceed expectations
- Basic inventory management and maintenance.
- Strong experience in retail store work and sales is a must.
- Organized, devoted and hard worker
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written).
- Computer skills. Knowledge of Lightspeed a plus.
- Knowledge of surfing and surf related equipment a bonus.
How To Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject title "Retail Sales Representative".
Saturdays is seeking full-time and part-time barista employees for our Soho and West Village locations.
- Create a positive and energetic atmosphere for customers and fellow staff.
- Craft excellent coffee drinks and keep the shop looking clean and orderly while doing it.
- Provide personal initiative while also working as a member of a team.
- Surf and/or retail knowledge a plus.
- Substantial experience working in coffee.
- Rosetta/Latte Art and NYC Food Handlers a must.
- Hard working, punctual and reliable.
- Ability to take self-ownership of day-to-day operations.
How To Apply:
Please email your resume to [email protected] with the subject title "Barista".