Reporting to the owners, the Design Director will collaborate and partner with the Department heads to create a line that is on trend, sellable and has the SATURDAYS brand integrity.
As the Design Director, you will lead the creative and design process from concept all the way through to finished production ready samples. You will set the creative direction for the category on global and seasonal basis and be responsible for driving the brand’s point of view through evolved design. Your creative leadership will inspire storytelling that is emotionally, culturally and technically rich to our consumers. You will develop an understanding of our culture through immersion in our products, in consumer retail habits and in market trends; and you will translate what you learn into concepts that lead to the creation of compelling product. Through your storytelling, you will present visual concept solutions to product briefs; collaborate with our Development and Product Management teams and ultimately deliver on category and brand strategies. You will manage and coach a team for design performance excellence; work collaboratively between cross-functional teams; and clearly articulate design intent that aligns with business intent. This position exists to lead a team of designers to create market ready product within margin that meets the consumer fit and function needs for the target consumer. Our brand is built on working together and we are excited with your help taking us into the future.
- Responsible for mentoring and developing a team of designers.
- Drives & oversees all design conception work for the category. Drives the design visual language and consistency.
- Owns the design process from initial sketch to production. Driving the entire creative process from conception to execution for production. These designs must be produced with a deep knowledge of product components, costing, target margins, and required FOB’s.
- Manages all in house and outside designers on established corporate time lines. Responsible for inspiring creativity and fostering new concepts that expand on brand defining products and technologies. Continually looks for opportunities to develop design team members.
- Responsible for the Design department’s execution of high quality design/ tech packages during design process. Responsible for the creation of visual tools used in presentations for in-line reviews, product line meetings, and pre-line meetings with buyers.
- Responsible for creating and communicating innovative technology and design language within managed design groups for all collections, categories, and series. Responsible to work closely with other Creative and Design leaders to cross pollinate ideas and maintain seasonal design direction.
- Responsible for executing seasonal color palettes for all managed groups. Researches industry and trade shows for new materials, colors, and design trends.
- Responsible for the Integration of Advanced Concepts and new technologies from inside and outside resources and works to ensure the successful execution of these proscribed inventions.
- Develops and tracks a design schedule to ensure timely completion of designs and design packages according to the development calendar.
- Partners with development to ensure commercial success of seasonal line offerings and innovative advanced products. Manage the trim development process to ensure we are developing a consistent brand message across categories. Partners with material sourcing to develop innovative fabrications. Partners with Production team to develop line direction from product conception through final execution. Required to understand market structure and distribution points for all assigned collections and categories.
- Ensures top quality of all category products while balancing commercial pricing and costing considerations.
- Provides leadership and entrepreneurial approach to working collaboratively and accomplishing new business development needs.
- Partners closely with factory partners to drive development process and pre-production approval.
- Accesses rolodex of suppliers to research and source new ideas, details and trends.
- Partners with the Merchandising / Production team to ensure costs of the materials, hardware, treatments and trims are within our initial FOB costing.
- 5+ years of related or similar experience in Menswear design in performance and lifestyle.
- Bachelor's Degree in Design or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in flat sketching expertise.
- High level of Proficiency in In Design, Illustrator, Photoshop, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience in creation of design packages and execution of product designs.
- Experience in designing successful products.
- Experience in research and analysis and design cycles.
- Strong knowledge of formulating color palettes.
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to present concepts to product teams and review boards in a persuasive manner.
- Strong and experienced in leadership.
- Strong knowledge of product cycles.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Strong knowledge of aesthetic form and the ability to design for different consumers and end uses.
- Strong knowledge of textile and material construction and properties.
- Strong knowledge of product costs and impact of design.
- Extensive domestic and international travel as required (20%).
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject title "Design Director".
Support Head of Production in all functions of the apparel production process. In this role you will act as liaison between design department and factories to ensure delivery of quality garments on time.
- Daily communication with internal and overseas partners.
- Manage production process from tech pack submission to bulk production.
- Ensure design and measurement details are met.
- Monitor quality control procedures.
- Maintain a Production Status Report to include current style detail information.
- Responsible for sample tracking, management and organization.
- Support department with administrative tasks.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in apparel production and/or product development.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, and Adobe Suite.
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject title "Production Coordinator".
- Editing and retouching photos for ecommerce
- Color correcting, cropping and resizing images
- Able to work on site
- Proficient in Photoshop
- Experience in ecom retouching
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail
How To Apply:
Please email your resume, cover letter, and portfolio to [email protected] with the subject title "Freelance Retoucher".
Retail Sales Representative
Saturdays is seeking full-time and part-time retail sales representatives for our SoHo and West Village locations.
- Identify ways to drive sales and ensure action is taken to achieve goals
- Enhance the customer service and create an environment that is welcoming to customers and coworkers
- Ensure store presentation and operating standards meet and exceed expectations
- Basic inventory management and maintenance.
- Strong experience in retail store work and sales is a must.
- Organized, devoted and hard worker
- Excellent communications skills (oral and written).
- Computer skills. Knowledge of Lightspeed a plus.
- Knowledge of surfing and surf related equipment a bonus.
How To Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject title "Retail Sales Representative".